Landscape Design & Development
The client didn’t know where to start with their garden that was uninviting, messy and high maintenance. The landscape design resolved these issues by:
- Providing a clean garden layout defined by a continuous brick mowing strip.
- Formation of a level lawn.
- An entirely new low maintenance planting scheme.
- Incorporating a spa pool and raised vegetable gardens.
- Paths that form connections between the entrance, deck and lawn.
- Strategically positioned outdoor lighting.
- A garden that ultimately complements and extends the house.
"Our garden was a blank canvas, unattractive with an expired play hut. We knew it could be so much more but had no idea what to do so contacted Michael Wheatcroft of Form & Foliage. Our brief to Michael was very brief to say the least; we wanted outdoor lighting and a passion fruit vine.
After presentation of the preliminary landscape plan we were inspired to incorporate a spa pool. The thorough and creative design process enabled us to consider the options for the spa pool and during the course of construction we also decided to add two raised vegetable gardens. The landscaping also included decking, paths, concrete, a small pergola, mowing strips, stone letterboxes planting and lawns. Everything has been expertly constructed.
Our garden is now an outdoor extension of our home, with the spa pool tucked away where we can sit back, relax and look back on the house. We are very happy to recommend the team at Form & Foliage."
– Murray Smith & Susan Nemith